Big news! Toronto is set to move into Stage 2 of Reopening as of today. We know there’s tons of information circulating right now, so we’ve condensed it into the essentials for you.
Please read below for important facts regarding the reopening of your business.
Who is Permitted to Open in Stage 2?
- Outdoor dine-in services at restaurants, bars, and other establishments: including patios, curbside, parking lots, and adjacent properties.
- Select personal care services: including tattoo parlours, barbershops, hair salons, day spas, and beauty salons.
- Select personal services: including wedding planning and shoe repair services.
- Film and television production activities: with limits to enable physical distancing.
- Photography Studios
- Restaurants, bars, plus food & drink establishments: permitted to open for dining in outdoor areas only.
Additionally, businesses must take appropriate measures to ensure safe social distancing is practiced. This includes:
- 2 meters between patrons of different households
- Using reservations
- Limiting the number of patrons allowed on the outdoor space at a time
- Ensuring there is enough space between tables for patrons/staff to move comfortably
We know that this announcement is frustrating for many of our food establishments that do not have patios. If you do not have a patio to open this week, it is more important than ever to keep pushing your takeout and pickup opportunities. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.